Application: Blues songwriting – Build-Your-Own Blues “Woke Up This Morning”
- Social: participating in musical activities
- Cognitive: comprehension
- Communication: speech and vocal characteristics
- Affective: emotional responses to musical stimuli and text of song
- Music: vocal
This application would be used for clients to communicate with peers and MT, and to increase awareness of emotional response to music and text.
- MTS will ask each client to give one word describing how they were feeling that morning.
- MTS will use formula “Woke up this mornin’, and I was feelin’ ____ / Woke up this mornin’, and I was feelin’ _____” and then improvise last two lines for each response while accompanying with a standard blues pattern on the guitar.
- MTS will encourage clients to sing along with first two lines for each client’s response.
Submitted by: Grace Dubrowski