This is great in an elementary school classroom. A visual aid is very helpful with this, there’s one already made in room 300 complete with colored cardboard animals, it gives the group something to focus on.
Objective: Increasing communication/language skills.
- MTS will play the guitar and lead the group in singing the song
- MTS will have the group members then pick out animals to sing in the song
- MTS will offer colored animals to choose from and ask a client to identify the animal that was chosen
- Students will pick out the animal and place it on the board
- MTS will praise the clients for placing the animal on the board and sing the song with the animal that was chosen
- MTS will thank the group for singing along with her