– visual aide board
– frog rasp
1. MTS will sing through “Five Green and Speckled Frogs” song
Song: “Five green and speckled frogs, sitting on a speckled log, eating the most delicious bugs (yum! yum!). One jumped into the pool, where he was nice and cool. Now there are how many speckled frogs?”
2. MTS will demonstrate to client how board works (velcro frogs removed one by one when frog jumps into pool).
3. MTS will sing through song again, seeing if client has understood board concept.
4. While going through song, MTS will eventually begin to leave pauses for client to fill in the blank (frog, log, bugs, etc.)
5. Once five frogs have been counted, MTS will change song to add frogs back on logs.
Song: “One green and speckled frog, sitting on a speckled log, eating the most delicious bugs (yum! yum!) One jumped back on the log, because he missed the other frogs. Now there are how many speckled frogs?”
6. MTS will demonstrate to client how to put frogs back on log (stick to Velcro).
7. MTS will sing song through with client, allowing them to fill-in-the-blank, until all five frogs are back on log.
Application Expansion: MTS can ask client to use frog rasp to count remaining frogs on log. Make sure client is aware of how to play frog rasp before doing this, however.
Submitted by: Grace Dubrowski