Application Title: Musical Tic-Tac-Toe
- Materials needed: jingle bells (or other handheld percussion that has loud sound), large tic-tac-toe board, either bean bags or game pieces (handmade)
- Each group member will receive jingle bells
- Split the group in two; half the group will be one color team, the other half will be a different color
- Choose a variety of songs for game repertoire. For this population, songs chosen were: “Five Foot Two”, “Bill Bailey”, “My Wild Irish Rose”, “Ida, Sweet as Apple Cider”, “Roll out the Barrel”, “In the Shade of the Old Apple Tree”, “Daisy Bell”, “By the Light of the Silvery Moon”, and “Til We Meet Again”.
- Once the song is completed, any group member who knows the song title plays their jingle bells and informs MTS of their guess
- If no one in the group knows, an MTS will either give the correct response or will ask a staff member on the floor if they know the title of the song
- The member that guesses the correct answer will place a colored beanbag or game piece on the giant tic-tac-toe board
- First team to three in a row wins. Reward is up to MTS discretion.
Posted by: Grace Dubrowski