Here are two applications I used in my last session with the adaptations I used. These were for a 1:1 session in an elementary school setting.
Application Title: _“Five, Green and Speckled Frogs___
Expected outcome: Ct will place the frogs in prompted area 100% of the time.
- MTS will introduce song and play it through
- Adapted lyrics for this session included: Five different colored frogs, sitting on a rain stick log, eating the most delicious bugs; yum, yum! The [color] one jumped … where it was nice and …[rhyming description] and now there are four colored frogs
- MTS will encourage ct to follow what the song says and place the frogs around when prompted
- If appropriate MTS can ask ct to pick the next place
- Places include but are not limited to: By the door, on the chair, on an instrument, by the teacher/observer, etc.
- Example: The blue one jumped on the chair where it was nice and fair
- MTS will praise as appropriate at the end and encourage ct to gather the frogs together
Application Title: _“In the Classroom”________
Expected outcome: Ct. will engage in application by playing the prompted instrument 100% of the time.
- MTS will lay out all of the instruments
- Instrument choices include but are not limited to pentatonic xylophone, egg shakers, small bongos/finger drums, kokiriko, and frog rasp.
- MTS will remind/test ct about instrument names and how to play them as appropriate
- MTS will play through “In the Jungle” to remind/show ct the song
- MTS will introduce/play through the song with lyrics about the current setting/situation
- “In the classroom, Ms. Goff’s classroom, ct plays the…
- MTS will play through the song instructing ct to play different instruments
- MTS will ask ct what instrument to play next if appropriate
- MTS will give solo spots as appropriate
-Mallory Tanis ’16